Also included in
- This grammar bundle covers the seventh grade Common Core standards for language: phrases, clauses, types of sentences, dangling modifiers, misplaced modifiers, and coordinate adjectives. It includes nine files with PDFs AND digital work (either worksheets, task cards, or both) and presentations to i$17.42$24.89Save $7.47
- Stop piecing together middle school grammar lesson plans and get lifetime updates! With this thorough middle school grammar bundle, you will have a variety of activities that span diverse grammar lessons. This bundle includes notes, graphic organizers, quizzes, tests, warm-ups, a textbook, presentat$179.99$333.77Save $153.78
Phrases and clauses can look similar, and my students confuse them. I made these phrase and clause activities to clarify the differences in these units of words. If your students struggle to identify subjects and verbs, sentence structure, or punctuate phrases and clauses correctly, these grammar activities should help.
This grammar bundle is in print and digital formats. Overall, these activities to clarify phrases and clauses are great grammar scaffolding tools.
This bundle includes:
☆ A grammar Powerpoint with over 30 slides. They cover types of phrases with examples, independent and dependent clauses with examples, and punctuation rules. It covers the core differences between phrases and clauses.
☆ A student note taking packet. These guided notes follow the Powerpoint and has ample room for notes and additional examples. I stress that my students should write down the relative pronouns and subordinating conjunctions.
☆ A flipping book (pictured). Some students prefer to take notes with color.
☆ Flash cards.
☆ Over 100 practice sentences that are perfect for scaffolding. The grammar worksheets include:
* A pretest.
* Mentor sentences.
* Practice sentences that require students to look at phrases and clauses in unique ways.
* A paragraph.
* A final test.
Answer key included for the grammar practice sentences.
You will receive links to make copies of the presentation, worksheets (including the pretest, mentor sentences, post test), and student note sheets. The flash cards and flipping book are not in a digital format.
Please note that the Powerpoint does not differentiate between noun, adjective, and adverb clauses. It simply covers dependent and independent clauses.
I left the Powerpoint editable. If you would like to remove the transitions or certain slides, you will be able to personalize it.
This grammar bundle will help your students understand the differences between phrases and clauses.
This phrases and clauses bundle was updated MAY 2020. Please download again for the most recent version.
A Couple Tips:
• Be sure to click the "follow" button that is located next to my picture so that you can hear about sales, updated products, and new activities.
• By providing feedback on your purchased products, you can earn points, which ultimately translate into cash toward future purchases.