Products in this Bundle (2)
This second grade properties of matter bundle gives you the flexibility to easily move between teaching in your classroom and teaching remotely with distance learning. This second grade resource combines both the print and digital versions of a highly engaging and in-depth science unit. Students learn about states of matter, describing and testing properties, matter and temperature, reversible and irreversible changes, matter within objects, engineering practices and more.
Inside is EVERYTHING you need to teach, practice, experiment, and assess two-three weeks of NGSS aligned lessons and labs.
The detailed lesson plans and narrated audio lessons make it easy to differentiate and easy for your students to learn independently at home, or at school. The moveable, interactive digital activities make it fun for students to practice and apply what they are learning. Includes teacher directions for using and assigning the resources in Google Classroom.
This flexible bundle makes it easy to teach science no matter where you are!
· A complete Teacher’s Guide with Unit Overview and Pacing Guide
· 8 detailed, step-by-step, scripted lesson plans
· 8-Lesson Teaching Power Point with vivid, ‘real life’ photos.
· Answer keys
· Essential Questions, Objectives/ Learning Target Posters
· Student science journal with activity pages for each lesson
· Quick Check/Exit Tickets in 2 formats for each lesson (short written response or fill in the blank)
· Final Assessment with optional pages for differentiation
· 8 Science investigations/labs
· Experiment planning pages
· Vocabulary lesson cards + full page posters
· 5 Literacy-based Science Centers using science content to reinforce literacy skills
Digital unit on Google Slides
· 8 Narrated lessons with Listen & Learn slides
· 8 Digital Science journal activities
· 16 Quick Check quizzes in multiple choice and fill in the blank formats
· Differentiated Unit Test
· 5 Interactive science centers: Cause & Effect, Classifying, Sequencing, Comparing & Contrasting, Applying Vocabulary
LESSON & LAB TOPICS
· Lesson 1: Describing Matter
· Investigation 1: Cracker Lab
· Lesson 2: Properties of Matter
· Investigation 2: Testing Flexibility
· Lesson 3: Understanding & Using Solids
· Investigation 3: Design-A-Toy Using a Solid, Liquid & Gas
· Lesson 4: Understanding & Using Liquids
· Investigation 4: Design-Build-Test Model Dam
· Lesson 5: Understanding & Using Gases
· Investigation 5: Carbonation Exploration Pop Rocks Lab
· Lesson 6: Changing Matter (Reversible and Irreversible Changes)
· Investigation 6: Push & Pull Play Doh Lab
· Lesson 7: Temperature and Matter
· Investigation7: Ice Cream in a Bag
· Lesson 8: Matter Within Objects
· Investigation 8: What Shapes Are Best for Building?
NOTE: You will need a Google account or Google Classroom to access the digital version on Google Slides.
Around the Kampfire
Additional Second Grade Science BUNDLES
CLICK HERE for Science Units
SECOND GRADE TEACHERS
Sign up HERE if you would like me to email you when new 2nd grade science units are released and deeply discounted for a limited time.
Upcoming 2nd grade units:
THIRD GRADE TEACHERS
I am now starting on the 3rd grade science series aligned to NGSS.
Sign up HERE if you would like me to email you when new 3rd grade science units are released and deeply discounted for a limited time.