- This is a bundle of NINE SBAC-style performance tasks designed to help prepare your students for what they'll see on the test. Included are:* 2 PTs for 2nd-3rd Grades (States of Matter and Special Needs - 2 sources)* 2 PTs for 3rd-4th Grades (Civil Rights/Justice, Pilgrims)* 1 PT for 4th Grade (Ener$45.00$30.00Save $15.00
- Product Description
This SBAC-style performance task prepares your students for reading multiple sources, answering research questions and writing an essay, just like they'll see on SBAC. Print and go or use the Google Slides files to assign digitally!
This is a practice task with articles featuring leaders from the Civil Rights Movement -- MLK and Malcolm X. The sources are written at a 3rd/beginning of 4th grade reading level. After reading and taking notes on the sources, there are 3 questions based on the information in the articles.
In Part 2, students will write either an informational, opinion, or narrative text. Prompts for each text type are included.
- Part 1 Directions
- 2 sources with graphic organizers
- Part 1 Research Questions (3)
- Part 2 directions for narrative, informational and opinion prompts
- Writing Paper
- Answer key for research questions
Links to Google Slides versions are now included! Note: directions for how to share this resource digitally with students are NOT included.
UPDATE 3/14/18: Uploaded a new file with added information in the sources. With the addition, the lexile levels of both sources have increased, making this task most appropriate for 4th graders, or end of year, high-flying 3rd graders.
Want the bundle with all nine PTs? Click here.