Also included in
- PRINT & DIGITAL! Scare your students – and teach them to analyze great literature at the same time! This bundle includes three creepy short stories: “The Monkey’s Paw,” “The Tell-tale Heart,” and “The Lottery.” Perfect for any time of year -- a great for a sub plan.Digital and print -- ready$17.99$20.97Save $2.98
PRINT AND DIGITAL. Your middle school students will be captivated by this chilling short story! Students will want to analyze characters, motive, plot, and foreshadowing. This creepy, unsettling story is great for middle school and high school students.
Reasons to love this unit:
- print and digital versions (Google Slides and PowerPoint)
- super creepy story is sure to engage your students!
- includes lesson plans and teacher checklist – makes an ideal sub plan
- provides literary analysis practice: students will analyze character, plot, motive, theme, and foreshadowing
- fun graphic novel-style plot activity offers a creative way for students to summarize
- ready to use – all you need is a copy of the story.
This is what you get:
- access to print and digital versions -- Google Slides and PowerPoint
- teacher lesson plans
- anchor chart
- pre-reading survey
- author mini research activity
- literary terms sheet
- comprehension questions
- comprehension quiz (self-checking and short answer)
- vocabulary collector
- story summary graphic organizer
- elements of the plot chart
- graphic novel-style form for illustrating the plot
- character analysis
- character motivation analysis
- foreshadowing analysis
- theme analysis
- 12 additional open-ended discussion questions
- writing prompt and graphic organizer for argumentative essay
- graphic organizer for essay
- evidence collector for supporting text evidence
- essay review checklist
- teacher checklists
- complete answer key
Your students will write a literary analysis at the end of the unit!
This unit does not include a copy of the story since it is not in the public domain. However, it is widely anthologized and easy to find.
Be sure to check out the preview!
Looking for other creepy stories to engage your students? Here are two more:
Want to give your students a turn to write their own scary stories? Here's a step-by-step journal that will help them!
This resource works well with:
I’d love to have you follow my store! Click on the green star to get the latest freebies, sales, and products.
I can't wait to hear from you! Please let me know how you use this resource & earn TPT credits at the same time!