Also included in
- Economics for Middle School. The 11 Products will be great supplemental material for your middle school economics unit. From balancing a budget, to a stock market simulation, to inventor/inventions that impacted the economy research projects ...this has you covered. When I first started teaching$23.10$33.00Save $9.90
- This Stock Market activity is a great way to introduce the power of money to your middle school students. This bundle combines the power of the stock market with a packet for students to see whether or not doing well in school and getting a college degree is worth it for them financially. Economic$5.95$8.50Save $2.55
- For a great deal on 5 Economics products check out this bundle!The Economics of Checks, Budgets, Stocks, College, and Savings - 5 Activities!This bundle combines two economic activities that middle school and high school students should become familiar with; writing checks and investing for their fu$4.90$7.00Save $2.10
- For a great deal on 5 Economics products check out this bundle!The Economics of Checks, Budgets, Stocks, College, and Savings - 5 Activities!Think your students know how much money it costs to have the things they have at home? Do they know how important it is to budget their money? Do they know t$5.60$8.00Save $2.40
- For a great deal on 5 Economics products check out this bundle!The Economics of Checks, Budgets, Stocks, College, and Savings - 5 Activities!My favorite aspect when teaching Economics is when students realize that the choices they make with money can have very good results, or results that could hav$5.60$8.00Save $2.40
- As a teacher of middle school Social Studies, I know that middle school students do best when they are moving, talking, and engaged in what they are learning. I also know that sometimes my students just need a break to have a little fun on those high-energy days. You middle school teachers know wh$29.99$41.24Save $11.25
- Used in over 700 classrooms! When I first started teaching I remember thinking, “How am I going to get kids excited about economics?” Then it hit me – make it about them! Included in this bundle are five activities I’ve done with my middle school students that are a hit every time. I hope you fi$15.75$18.00Save $2.25
This stock market game for students uses the NASDAQ American Stock Exchange web site and has never failed me in getting even the most reluctant students to participate! If you are looking for a great activity to keep your students active and engaged this one hasn't failed me yet.
Each student is given "$50,000" and has to invest in 10 different corporations. This activity is done in "real-time" and truly helps them make connections to the economy they are a part of. You can decide how long you would like the activity to last or modify the lesson in any way you feel meets your classroom needs. I usually do this activity for 3 days. One introduction day, one purchasing day, and one selling day on the last day of school. I have 7th and 8th graders and they love it!
I've done this activity where we start this activity during the first week of school, half-way through the year, at the beginning of a new quarter or even just as a three week activity. Lately I've been starting this activity before we get into the Great Depression portion of our history class.
I have included VERY detailed instructions for you to follow in case you don't have the strongest background with technology.
To have this activity work successfully you need to:
1. Have access to a computer lab
2. Save the file in a location where students can access it
3. Have students save the file via own flash drive or network folder
I recommend trying this activity for yourself first so you can help assist students when it is time for them to participate in the activity.
Check out my other Economics Bundles:
For a great deal on 5 Economics products check out this bundle!
For a GREAT classroom management tool check out my BEST-SELLER!
Connect with Surviving Social Studies...
Be sure to follow my TpT store by clicking on the ‘Follow Me’ next to my logo to receive notifications of new products and upcoming sales.
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on www.survivingsocialstudies.com
Thanks for stopping by!
Surviving Social Studies
Copyright ©Surviving Social Studies. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.