Distance Learning Writing Prompts for School Closings - At Home ELA Activities
This free resource is filled with writing prompts for everyday classroom use or remote learning. This set of 10 writing tasks is designed to provide students with fun and creative ways to practice and reinforce writing. For each task, students can choose to the “This” or the “That” writing prompt. Both will require students to think creatively. The choices promote engagement. The variety of tasks help students practice different writing skills.
This resource is perfect for remote learning because students can complete their writing on a piece of paper. (No copies or technology needed!)
No prep needed!
IN THE CLASSROOM:
- Use for DAILY WARM-UPS.
- Encourage fast finishers to complete This or That Writing Tasks.
- Have students choose a task for homework.
- Cut up the tasks and create learning stations.
- Print and photocopy the directions and prompts for students. Have students work on them at home.
- Email parents the directions and prompts. (A link to a PDF version of the student materials is included.)
- Pair this resource with this School Break Project or this complete set of 5-Days of Remote Learning Practice Pages.
Have you seen this video? You can share this FREE creative writing video to promote writing at home
Following is Fun!
Get the inside scoop on all store discounts, free products, and product launches. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the green “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Let’s Stay in Touch!
Brain Waves Instruction