Also included in
- Imagine having your entire middle school ELA school year planned for you! This curriculum and pacing guide for 7th grade ELA includes EVERYTHING you need for an entire school year of reading, writing, learning, growth, and engagement. Simply download the PDF pacing guide and yearlong curriculum, and$250.00$331.23Save $81.23
Need an engaging way to teach characterization whether you're in the classroom, remote learning, or hybrid? Peel back the layers of any character with this engaging character autopsy activity for grades 4-10. Includes print OR completely digital character autopsies! Students will work individually or in groups to determine what's in a character's heart and brain, what a character's perspective of the world might be, what a character would hold in their hands forever, what it's like to walk in their shoes, and more. Students practice using text based evidence to support their analysis of the character. This activity is completely standards-based and your kids will LOVE IT!
Included in this product:
- Teacher Directions
- Digital Links that can be shared in Google Classroom
- Digital Character Autopsy "bodies"
- Digital Surgical Team Sign-Ups
- Tips and Tools for a Character Autopsy Classroom Transformation
- Caution Signs
- Model Autopsy answer
- Standards Based Rubric
- Individual Project Instructions
- Group Project Instructions
- Task Cards for each body part for in-person learning
- Character Body Parts (new body parts recently added!)
- Character Autopsy Figure
- NEW! Large Character Autopsy Block Poster
Have fun and get creative while reinforcing important analysis skills!
Check out other engaging and active products from Read it. Write it. Learn it.