Also included in
- This NO PREP bundle is full of READY TO PRINT activities about beginning geometry concepts! Your geometry students will be ENGAGED with these intro to geometry activities.This bundle contains the following 10 activities to use at the beginning of the school year. Click the links to view each activi$18.90$27.50Save $8.60
This is an ENGAGING activity that gets students working together to practice using the midpoint and distance formulas! Students won't mind practicing math with this READY TO PRINT activity.
In this activity, students will work in groups to solve problems using the midpoint and distance formulas. There are eight sets of cards and four problems are in each set. Four of the sets use the distance formula and four of the sets use the midpoint formula.
Make sure these problems are appropriate for your students - view the preview to see problem examples.
In this activity, students are grouped in fours. Each student takes a card, and works the problem on the card. When all students in the group have their answers, they add them up, getting a group sum. Then, the group checks their sum with the teacher. If they are correct, they work on the next set of cards, if not, they work together to see where or which student in the group went wrong. This activity encourages peer tutoring.
This could be used at the end of a lesson to check for understanding, or as a review before an assessment. This could be turned into a game - the first group to finish all of the cards wins!
This is also part of:
You might also be interested in:
- Midpoint and Distance Formulas Lesson
- Midpoint and Distance Formula Stations Maze Activity
- Distance Formula Partner Worksheet
- Coordinate Quadrilaterals Stations Maze Activity
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and products!
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This purchase is for one teacher only.
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. This item is bound by copyright laws and redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly forbidden. If you wish to share with colleagues, please purchase additional licenses.
© Mrs. E Teaches Math, LLC