Distribution of Water on Earth - Complete 5E Lesson - 5th Grade
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- The ultimate earth science lesson plan bundle for 5th grade teachers is here. Each of the 11 complete lesson plans uses the 5E model and provides you with the exact tools to teach the topics. All the guesswork has been removed with these LOW PREP lessons. Complete 5E Lessons Included for Each TopiPrice $97.60Original Price $133.00Save $35.40
- The ultimate lesson plan bundle for 5th grade science teachers is here. Each of the 32 complete lesson plans use the 5E model and provides you with the exact tools to teach the topics. All the guesswork has been removed with these LOW PREP lessons. The lessons are aligned to elementary school NGSS aPrice $249.20Original Price $388.00Save $138.80
Make lesson planning the easiest part of your day! All the materials you need to teach an engaging, multi-day lesson on the distribution of water on Earth are included in this Distribution of Water on Earth 5th Grade Complete Lesson. Minimum prep and student-led learning allow you to focus on real student success!
Students will answer these essential questions:
· How is water distributed on Earth?
· How can we measure the distribution of water?
What makes this Kesler Science Complete Lesson stand out?
- Differentiated materials for students who need more support
- Multimodal learning to keep students interested
- Maximum flexibility in formats - Printable? Digital? YES!
- Editable PowerPoints so you can tailor the materials for your classroom
- Spanish translations of vocabulary, station lab reading passage, and interactive notebook pages
Save $$$ and Bundle
Save over 35% when purchasing the 5th Grade Earth Science Complete Lesson Bundle (11 individual topics)!
Save over 40% when purchasing the 5th Grade Mega Complete Bundle (32 individual topics)!
The lesson is based on the well-researched 5E Model, which covers Engagement, Exploration, Explanation, Elaboration, and Evaluation.
Look at what is included to cover each stage of learning!
- Objectives and Word Wall Cards with English and Spanish vocabulary
- Teacher file with engaging ideas for class discussion and a class activity - many lessons with a student activity and/or common topic misconceptions
The student-led station lab is differentiated for all learners and learning styles. With nine stations, you can introduce Distribution of Water on Earth to your 5th graders in a variety of ways!
Input Stations offer students multimodal ways to absorb lesson learning.
- Explore It! - Hands-on demo or experiment connects students with information through engagement.
- Read It! - Students read a short passage and answer comprehension questions. Choose from differentiated reading passages in English and Spanish.
- Research It! - Students visit a website, perform tasks, and answer related questions.
- Watch It! - Students learn through a short video and discussion on their lab sheet.
Output Stations provide ways for your 5th grade students to show what they know about the distribution of water on Earth.
- Organize It! - Students use printable hands-on card sorts or manipulate digital images to foster categorization skills.
- Write It! - Students respond to open-ended questions and communicate in complete sentences.
- Illustrate It! - Students sketch or draw concepts; visual activity can increase recall and retention of new information.
- Assess It! - Students answer more formal questions to demonstrate mastery and vocabulary in context.
- Challenge It! This station offers fun extension activities for your early finishers to push their learning even further. This also provides the class with another reinforcement option.
- Editable PowerPoints in standard and interactive versions with differentiation
- NEW! Interactive notebook templates in multiple formats, including digital INB files and print files in Spanish and English
- Note-taking templates to help students follow along with presentations
- Student-choice projects on the distribution of water on Earth to extend the learning in-class or at home
- Assessment questions updated for STAAR 2.0 (Texas end-of-year testing) and available in dependent and modified versions
- Review questions and a worksheet for class discussion, test practice, or homework
Can This Resource Be Used for Virtual Learning?
Absolutely! The station lab from the Exploration section and the PPT/INBs from the Explanation section have been created so that students can use them on campus or in a virtual learning environment.
Copyright © Kesler Science LLC. All rights reserved by the author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.