Properties of Multiplication are the toughest ever to teach to eight-year-olds! I have found an awesome, effective method for making the Distributive Property really stick with students.
Alien Distributive Property requires students to recognize the greater factor, break it into two addends, then distribute the other factor. Students create the "alien" as they perform the distributive property on the worksheet, then apply what they learned to make their own alien model craft.
This product includes:
- 1 worksheet for students to practice the Alien Method of distributing
- 2 eyeball templates (one with eyelashes, one without)
- 5 head templates (with and without pre-drawn mouths)
- Antennae templates with blanks for students to fill in
- Distributive Property work page to attach to craft
Check out the previews for student samples!
If you use this product in your classroom, I'd love for you to share on Instagram and tag me @grade3inaz so that I can see!
Thank you for your purchase and support :)