Distributive Property Stations Activity | Combining Like Terms
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Looking to add variety to your classroom? These middle school math stations are just what you need for your students to develop a deep understanding of mathematics. Includes stations in the topics of number systems, expressions, equations, functions, ratios, proportional relationships, probabilityPrice $67.00Original Price $98.00Save $31.00
- Looking to save time, money and sanity? Then this 7th grade math curriculum and activities bundle is for you! This curriculum is aligned to the 7th grade common core math standards. Each unit includes: guided notes, assessments/worksheets and activities such as: task cards, stations, mystery picturPrice $250.00Original Price $403.00Save $153.00
- These 7th grade math stations are just what you need to help your students develop a deep understanding of mathematics. There are at least four stations in each set. The focus of these stations is for students to discover and apply mathematical principles. The students will delve into the mathemaPrice $19.00Original Price $24.00Save $5.00
- These 7th grade math stations are just what you need to help your students develop a deep understanding of mathematics. There are at least four stations in each set. The focus of these stations is for students to discover and apply mathematical principles. The students will delve into the mathemaPrice $33.00Original Price $44.00Save $11.00
- Free up some time with this expressions equations and inequalities unit for 7th grade math. Guided notes, CCSS aligned assessments, and lots of fun activities including word problems activities, mystery pictures, task cards games and activities, and a variety of digital activities using Google. InclPrice $68.00Original Price $98.50Save $30.50
- You are going to love these fun 7th grade math activities to supplement your curriculum. Stations, task cards, mystery pictures and more. These activities cover a variety of 7th grade math topics so that you can use them throughout the year. Check Out What's Included***BONUS FILE*** 7th Grade MathPrice $120.00Original Price $162.50Save $42.50
These distributive property notes and math stations activities are perfect to help your students make sense of the distributive property and combining like terms through modeling, discovery, error analysis, puzzles, practice, activities and writing.
This product includes:
- Multiplication Analysis Notes: Two pages of notes to help your students learn the distributive property through modeling, connections and discovery. These notes help teach the distributive property. The math stations are to reinforce the distributive property.
- Distributive Property Math Puzzle: A 13 piece puzzle where students connect two equivalent expressions. One requiring the distributive property to be simplified.
- Teacher Time: An error analysis activity. Students correct a given student’s quiz and find the errors in the use of the distributive property.
- Distributive Property Practice: 20 expressions that require the distributive property to simplify. The focus of this station is for students to focus on the signs of the terms.
- Can you do the Distributive Property Backwards: Students are given 10 simplified expressions, and are challenged to write the expression that would simplify to that expression using the distributive property. This activity is great to challenge your students.
- The Colorful Rug: A coloring activity. Students are given 16 expressions to simplify using the distributive property. They then color a figure according to their answers. Colors required for the activity: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and black.
- Letter Writing: A writing activity. Students write a letter to their friend who missed class about everything they learned about the distributive property.
Each station will take about 15 – 20 minutes to complete. These would also be great to use as homework, group work or assessments. A recording sheet and answer sheet are included.
Other Products you may be Interested in
▸ Equivalent Expressions Task Cards (using integers)
▸ Equivalent Expressions and Combining Like Terms Math Stations
★ FOLLOW ME for more great products to make sense of math!
Remember that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases!
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!
Make Sense of Math