This is a set of 56 task cards (28 problems, 28 answers) with different levels of difficulty designed to play a matching game with the whole class. However, the task cards can be used in math centers, or others classroom games or activities.
Directions to play:
1. Divide your class into two teams. Hand out the problems (blue) to one team and their answers (green) to the other.
2. Students with blue cards will work the problem and find the person who has their answer. When both students think the problem is answered correctly, they bring the card to you for the final check.
3. If the problem is answered correctly, keep both cards for the next round. If you are keeping score, award two points to the team with the blue cards.
4. If the problem is not answered correctly, send them back to the game to try again. One point is awarded for the correct answer on the second try.
5. Encourage students who finish first to help any students who are struggling. Teamwork!
Round 2- reverse the role of each team (The team that had the answers in round 1 gets the problems in round 2.)
I have also included an envelope foldable to help you store your task cards and keep them organized. The envelope fits in a 5 x 8 index card box.
Distributive Property Whole-Class Matching Activity by Suzie's Angle is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.