In the 61 page document, you will receive 37 pages of analysis questions and graphic organizers that touch literary elements. Included is a 24-page answer key that provides ideal responses. Skills assessed include the following:
• Identifying main idea and support using details from the text
• Identifying and analyzing parts of plot – how elements of a story interact
• Identify conflict and types of conflict
• Analyze how conflict affects characters and creates suspense
• Analyze character and make inferences about character motivation
• Identify and analyze symbols for their deeper meaning
• Identify themes of the text and explain the lesson learned
• Analyze the effectiveness of flashbacks and foreshadowing
• Identify and explain irony
• Analyze setting and how it affects characters and conflict
• Analyze imagery, figurative language, and quotes to determine author's purpose
• And many more skills!
This document can be used for classwork, guided reading, and even homework. Each set of chapters has approximately 10 questions, which equates to 1 page (front and back) of work. The chart in the beginning keeps track of the schedule and finished work.
Please see preview for a sample.