This reading is about a family who hosts a fun barbecue in their yard for all of their friends and neighbours during a Saturday in July. The focus is on seeing the preterite in context.
It includes a glossary of new vocabulary as well as 6 reading comprehension questions in Spanish.
Activity idea: after reading the story and answering the questions together, students can talk in the preterite tense to describe what happened at a barbecue, picnic or party they have recently attended.
You may also enjoy my Intermediate Reading Bundle. It includes all 10 of my top intermediate readings for only $6.95! - click here for savings!
1. A Competitive Family (comparatives)
2. Summer Fun (preterite and imperfect)
3. At a Wedding (preterite and imperfect)
4. At the Movies (preterite and imperfect)
5. On Vacation (imperfect only)
6. New Year's Eve (future tense)
7. The environment (por and para)
8. Apartment Hunt (present subjunctive)
9. A Birthday Party (present continuous)
10. University (conditional tense)