Using diverse picture books is one of the most effective ways to begin creating a culture-centered classroom where students feel affirmed, welcomed, and celebrated.
Many teachers are excited about using diverse picture books but wonder:
- How do I know which books to choose?
- Do I have to leave my curriculum to use these types of books?
- Am I prepared to facilitate classroom discussions around topics of diversity?
Stop wondering and let me help you!
This power packed mini course will walk you through a step by step approach for:
- auditing your classroom library
- choosing the right diverse picture book for your students
- preparing a lesson plan around the book
- facilitating dynamic discussion
There are four video modules and a PDF guide to ensure you get the most out of this course.