Also included in
- This is a set of "I have...who has?" vocabulary review warm-up games for Chemistry and Biology. It is a BUNDLE, and I am happy to take suggestions for topics that would be useful going forward.Current topics include:•Biochemistry•Body Systems (Digestive, Circulatory, Respiratory)•Cell Organelles •Di$22.00$32.00Save $10.00
Looking for a fun activity to warm up your science class while reviewing the diversity of living things?
This is a "I have, who has?" diversity of living things vocabulary warm-up review game that I will often use for the first ten or fifteen of class near test time. The cards are distributed as evenly as possible to each student. One person has a card that says “START” at the top. He or she begins by reading the question written on the card. Another student has a card with the answer to the question that was just read aloud. He or she must answer with the correct term and then read the question written below. This creates a chain that moves through the whole classroom. It is a good review that involves everyone, has students work together (especially if the chain stalls), and gets students comfortable speaking in class.
This product contains:
- set of 24 cards with 23 vocabulary terms (.pdf, non-editable)
- Teacher's Guide
I always add another dimension to this game by adding a time limit. I do one round where I time how long it takes them to finish the chain and then I switch the cards around. I pick a “goal time” that seems impossible and give students 3 strikes to make the time. If they get it (which they always do by the third try), I reward them with one small question that will be on the test. If they are paying attention to my classes then they would have been able to predict the question anyway, but this is makes them feel like I’m being generous :) It always ends up being really funny and kids end up laughing but focused and cutting each other off to make the time limit. I do it almost every unit of every class.
Check out my blog for more about this activity!
Interested in other biology products? Check out:
- Molecular Biology Warm-Up Review Vocabulary Chain
- Biology Market Game
- Cell Structures Market Game
- Biochemistry Warm-Up Review Vocabulary Chain
- Cell Organelles Warm-Up Review Vocabulary Chain
- Genetics Warm-Up Review Vocabulary Chain
- Diversity of Living Things Warm-Up Review Vocabulary Chain
- Homeostasis Warm-Up Review Vocabulary Chain
- Back-to-Back Diagrams - Lungs and Heart (FREEBIE!)
- Biology Bulletin Board Letters (FREEBIE!)
- Anatomy Theme Game Board
- Editable Jeopardy Template for any subject!