Students will use cooperative learning to practice dividing decimals by powers of 10.
1. The teacher will cuts out the cards provided.
2. Each student receives a card.
3. When the teacher starts to play music, students will mix around the room with their card, recording sheet, and pencil.
4. When the music stops, students will freeze and partner up with someone who has the OPPOSITE color card than they do.
5. Partners will work together to divide the decimal by the exponent. Show work on recording sheet.
6. When all groups are finished, the teacher will start the music again. Students will mix around the room again while trading cards with someone.
7. When the music stops, they freeze and find a new partner.