Dividing Closed, Two-Syllable Words offers a creative and fun approach to teach children how to divide and read closed, two-syllable words. This product multi-sensory; it uses images and color to link the directions with the sample. It is assumed that your students are familiar with closed, one-syllable vc (at, on, it, etc.) and cvc patterns.
Materials: This product includes:
• 1 Poster Example Sheet (8.5 X 11) – Provides 4-step directions and illustrates how to divide and read closed, two syllable words.
• 14 Worksheets than can be laminated for use at language arts/reading workstations. Some of the words included are: cactus, basket, helmet, trumpet, and muffin.
• 1 blank master worksheet so that you can add your own words.
Ideas for Use:
• Use the blank master worksheet to provide practice with compound words or other two-syllable patterns.
• For those who need multi-sensory stimulation, have then complete the worksheets using colored pencils, crayons or markers.
* Answer Key