This printable packet is a very useful resource for any classroom that is learning about division with decimals by whole numbers and by other multi-digit decimals. The printables in this packet are great options for classroom grades, homework, review or a as a unit assessment covering this topic!
Included in this printable packet you will find:
1. Dividing Decimals by Whole Numbers: This introductory printable shows examples and helpful guidelines on how to use their knowledge of basic division facts to help them determine quotients of division problems with multi-digit decimals as dividends and whole numbers as divisors.
2. Dividing Multi-Digit Decimals by Whole Numbers: This is printable that is preceded by explanations and tips along with a visual example that will help your students use estimation to know what the answer will be close to, as well as where to place the decimal point once the computation is complete. There is one teacher example and six student questions on this page.
3. Division With Decimals: In this task, students will read through directions and observe a teacher model that displays the mathematical magic and how when the dividend and divisor both have the same number of digits to the right of the decimal point, the quotient will be the same as if the question did not even include a decimal point!
4. Dividing With Decimals - Review: This 12 question printable homework or classwork page will serve as a great review of concepts that students must know in order to effectively and accurately divide decimals by whole numbers and by other decimals (to tenths and hundredths). This page reviews all previous concepts covered in this printable packet.
5. Multiplying Decimals Assessment: This 16 question assessment will test your students skills covering decimal division to tenths and hundredths. The 12 questions on this page are strictly computation skills and will ask students to divide decimals by other decimals as well as by whole numbers.
6. Assessment (page 2): This assessment continues onto page two with four more word problems that seek to aim at real world application of this skill as well as mimic questions that students may receive on a state test with dividing decimals.
7. Center Activity / Game: Spin It To Win It: : This activity has two “lanes” in which students will solve a decimal division problem and race their partner or partners to see who can solve all of the problems first! You can have them compete on the same sheet with a scratch paper for work, or you can print a duplicate page for each student or each pair of students to use. Students will love this friendly but competitive racing game!
***********If you have purchased my Decimals Skills Mega Bundle
do not buy this product! You already have it!***********
All of these resources come with answer keys so these printables will fit into your classroom with ease. If you need some extra grades for your students in assessing their knowledge of decimal division, or if you simply would like to add some more excellent resources to your classroom in this area, this product will absolutely benefit your classroom!