Fraction Division: "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheets, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- Rewriting as a multiplication problem with a reciprocal
- Why to use a reciprocal
- Reminders on how to multiply
- How to write answers (mixed numbers, simplest form)
- Visual models - dividing into groups
- Dividing combinations of mixed numbers, whole numbers, and fractions
- Practice & Examples
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
** NOTE: This resource is also available as part of a DISCOUNTED bundle: Fractions, Decimals, & Percents Activity Bundle
You might also like:
Fraction Operations - Golf Game
Fractions: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book
Middle School Pre-Algebra Super Bundle