This self-checking activity works best in pairs or as a math center/station. Included are 10 problems that involve division of proper fractions and whole numbers. Five of the ten problems are in story problem format. If working in pairs, each pair will need a set of cards. Cards will be printed double sided with problems on the front of the card and an answer to a different problem on the back of the card. Students will create a stack of question cards as they go through the activity.
1. Lay out all of the cards with the answers facing up.
2. Flip over any card to reveal a question.
3. Work that question out on the recording page.
4. Find the answer on a different card.
5. Flip that card over and lay it on top of the first question card to start a question stack.
6. Work out the new problem on your recording page.
7. Repeat until all cards are in the question stack.
8. The answer that is on the bottom of the stack should be the answer to your last question.
Take your students knowledge to the next level with the following products that include division of mixed numbers:
Dividing Mixed Numbers Question StackFREE Dividing Fractions Task Cards