DIVIDING FRACTIONS WITH A TWIST!
The "twist" to this worksheet is that all the examples on here are written out IN WORDS, not numbers, to make your students "think" a little more.
They must first READ the fractions correctly, then they must WRITE them correctly and then finally SOLVE them correctly (hopefully!) - a few steps in one. It gives just an extra "twist" in their work.
Please see the thumbnail or download preview for a clearer idea of how this works.
There are 14 examples in all that will challenge their ability to divide fractions, PLUS there's a special GEOMETRY BONUS question on the side.
Your download of 2 pages includes answers. By David Filipek
* ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU OR A COLLEAGUE! - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- NUMBER LINE POWERPOINT LESSON
- 50 slide Powerpoint LESSON dealing with the number line and positive and negative numbers. Designed as a whole-class lesson getting students actively involved in the answers. 5 different sections including less than and greater than. Great graphics and animation will hold their attention. Different and effective lesson! The Number Line!
- Fractions Review & Reinforcement
- 10 FULL worksheets on various aspects of fractions to be used as great review or part of your unit. A LOT of good work here for your students. This link will describe all 10 pages in detail.
- POWERPOINT "FRACTIONS ARE FUN"
- Designed as a whole-class lesson this powerpoint gets students actively involved in the answers. Great activity with great graphics will keep students engaged. NOT for the beginner!
- FRACTIONS FUN QUIZ!
- 25 written QUESTIONS all dealing with fractions! These are NOT EXAMPLES, but actual questions about fractions and their properties. Challenge your students as they have a little FUN! They might even learn something from this!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!