These division dice games can be used during math workshop, math rotations, or center time. Once the games are introduced, students can play them independently so you can work with your small group.
When you download this PDF file, you will find three options:
- Original File - this is a printable packet for students with sample pages
- Google Slides Link - copy and assign the student pages in Google Classroom; students will need access to dice to play the games
- Google Slides Link with Dice - copy and assign the student pages in Google Classroom; students can grant permission for dice to animate directly on the page
Teacher Tip: I print my game boards onto cardstock paper and place inside of sheet protectors. Students use dry erase markers so the boards can be used over and over all year long. Some games also include sample boards.
Division Dice Games Included:
- Cover a Quotient – students will roll the dice and search the game board for a division fact with the matching quotient. Students will cover the space and continue until all spaces are covered. (2 versions included: facts 1-6 and facts 2-12)
- Tic-Tac-Toe – students will roll the dice and search the boards for a division fact with the matching quotient. Students will cover the space and continue until three in a row have been covered. (2 versions included: facts 1-6 and facts 2-12)
- It’s Time to Race – students will predict which row will win (A, B, or C). Students will roll the dice and search the boards for a division fact with the matching quotient. Students will cover the space and continue until one row has all spaces covered. (2 versions included: facts 1-6 and facts 2-12)
- All That Remains – students will roll the die three times to create a 2-digit number and a 1-digit number. Students will note whether the fact divides evenly or has a remainder.
- Find a Fact – students will roll the dice and search the board for a division fact with the matching quotient. Students will circle the divisor and dividend (the two numbers must be touching). Play continues until the student can no longer circle any facts on the board. (3 game boards included)
- Roll and Color - students will roll a die, solve a division fact, and color one space above the number rolled. Play continues until one column reaches the top. (2 versions included).
- Divide and Conquer - students will roll a die to create a 2-digit dividend and a 2-digit divisor. Students will draw a picture to show how many equal groups can be created. Then students will record the answer and remainder, as needed. (2 versions included)
- Speed Racers – students will roll the dice to find the game boards needed. Students will race to complete side A. Then students will flip the board and try to complete side B even faster than side A. (2 game boards included for each divisor, 2-12).
Since games are intended to be completed independently, I have also included multiplication/division grids. Students can use these to check for accuracy.
You Might Also Like
Stay Connected with Stories by Storie
To find out about freebies, discounts, and new products, look for the ★ green star next to my store logo and click follow me.
If you have any questions, comments, or need changes made to this product to fit your classroom needs, please e-mail me: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact me through my store's Q & A section.
© Stories by Storie - This item is intended for a SINGLE classroom. Duplication for other classrooms, an entire school, a school district, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.