Your purchase comes with the deck of cards (the x's ensure scholars cannot see through when printed 2 sided on computer paper, we never have card stock to print on), teacher information with a Key, labeled workspace for the kids to track their work on, and directions. The deck of cards contains 24 problems, plus 4 SKIP A TURN! cards, 4 GIMME! cards, and 4 KABOOM! cards. Cards are easily edited if you want to put in your own problems and target certain facts.
CARDS A-L are all normal division problems where the answer is the quotient, CARDS A-F include division facts 1-12, CARDS G-L are only facts 1-10. CARDS N-Y are missing dividend/divisor problems, CARDS N-S include division facts 1-12, CARDS T-Y are only facts 1-10.
You can use this information to target the kind of division you want scholars doing, or the facts you want them focusing on, also good for differentiating small groups.
There is a version of this game involving ONLY division facts 1-10 here: KABOOM! Division Facts 1-10
KABOOM: How to Play!
1. You need: a deck of cards, a pencil, and a work space sheet
2. Cut out all cards, shuffle, and place face down
3. Play ro-sham-bo (rock-paper-scissors) to decide who goes first
4. First player turns over the top card from the deck, ALL scholars do the work in the appropriate box (If you flipped a C card, do the work in the C box)
5. If all players agree with the card-flippers' answer, the card-flipper gets to KEEP the card, if the card-flipper got the problem wrong it gets returned to the bottom of the deck
6. Special Cards:
SKIP A TURN: the player that turns this card over loses their turn, and places this card off to the side in a discard pile (do NOT return to deck)
GIMME!: the player that turns this card over gets to take a completed card from another player to add to their cards, the GIMME! card is placed off to the side in a discard pile (do NOT return to deck)
KABOOM!: the player that turns this card over must return ALL of their completed cards to the deck, the KABOOM! card is then placed off to the side in a discard pile (do NOT return to deck)
7. The game is over when all problem cards have been taken by players, and all special cards have been used once and discarded, the player with the most cards at the end of the game wins!!!