This product relates to division focussing on grouping.
The lesson follows on from sharing equally but can be taught as a stand-alone lesson if you have already taught division as sharing already.
The lesson models grouping in a 'hands on' way.
- PowerPoint Presentation (26 Slides)
, includes whole class activities, what grouping means and put into real life context, explaining and writing number sentences.
- The meaning of the division sign is explained in a number sentence in the context of 'grouping'.
- Flexible detailed Lesson Plan
- includes lesson starter (skip counting in 2s, 5s and 10s, main lesson objectives, explains main activities and plenary.
- 3 sets of worksheets (6 pages)
- includes circling groups, describing groupings, and writing number sentences.
It is a 1 hour lesson.
The product is editable and printable for your personal use.
Thank you for stopping by and you may be interested in:
Division as Sharing, Presentation, Lesson Plan, Worksheets/Activities