This mat is designed to help students represent division using various models. They will use the repeated subtraction, strip diagrams, groups of, arrays, and number lines.
Teacher key included.
• Print the Division Models Mat in color on white cardstock.
• Print the Division Cards on white cardstock.
• Laminate, cut and bag.
• You might also consider printing the key and laminating to keep in the center as a model of how you expect the Division Models Mat to be completed by students.
1. Choose a card.
2. Write the expression from the Division Card in the first box of the Division Models Mat.
3. Complete each model of the division expression on the mat.
4. Write an equation at the end with the quotient, divisor and dividend.
3.4K solve one-step and two-step problems involving multiplication and division within 100 using strategies based on objects; pictorial models, including arrays, area models, and equal groups; properties of operations; or recall of facts