Scoot! is a whole-class or small group educational game that your students will love. Place a question card on each desk in your classroom. To play, students move around the room, from desk to desk, answering questions or solving math problems.
If they are at number 1 desk, they answer in the number 1 box on the Answer Grid. When you say “SCOOT”, they move to the next desk. So if a student is starting at number 12 desk, they move to number 13 desk, and so on.
Music is always a motivation for students so why not add some music to your Scoot routine!! Students move when the music starts and solve the problem when the music stops.
Practice moving from desk to desk before doing the actual game. Do this a couple of times. Say “SCOOT!” and they move to the next number/desk. You may go as fast as you would like. It is supposed to move quickly, but you can set your own pace.
- Recording Sheet (one per student up to 30 students)
- Scoot card key
- 40 question cards
- find one or more missing partial quotients
- solve using partial quotients / “Big 7”
- solve using place value chart
- solve using area model / box method
- divide by multiples of 10
- solve using standard algorithm of division (long division)
- word problems
Scoot Games - Multiplication and Fractions
Scoot BUNDLE - Multiplication
~Created with you in mind by The Ivy Vine (c) 2018