A fun, hands-on play dough activity to help your children learn about sharing objects equally. This can be used to introduce Division in a whole class/small group setting or as an independent Maths Learning Center activity.
Students read division problems on the flashcards and solve by making play dough food and distributing on the mats. Easy to set up and use.
This activity will allow the students to practice;
- Modelling division by sharing a collection of objects.
- Distributing items one at a time into a set number of groups
- Using concrete materials to solve problems
- Ensuring collections of objects shared are equal
- Using the term sharing, groups, equal
This package includes:
- 10 play dough mats (print out and laminate)
- 42 division problem solving flashcards
- A short list of online games to support the learning of sharing objects using concrete materials
This package has been classroom tested. I am always working hard to improve the resources I make and use. Please feel free to contact me if you would like any adjustments to be made, I am more than happy to update my resources.
PLEASE SUPPORT MY EFFORT by rating, following, leaving feedback or all of the above :)