These division task cards are made especially for practice with double digit divisors! While we live in a world of cell phones equipped with calculators, it is still important for students to know how to figure out division problems on their own. These task cards can help.
There are a total of 40 task cards. They start simple (2 digit dividends and even “10s” for divisors) and progress to 4 digit dividends and random double digit divisors. Since the cards gradually increase in rigor, these are PERFECT for differentiating and scaffolding with your students. The last 4 task cards are word problems that involve these division skills.
Ways to use task cards:
1. Have students complete cards within a given set of time. I usually require 3-5 per day.
2. Display 1 card per day as a problem of the day.
3. Play “Scoot” or another whole class activity (you may not need all of the cards).
4. Use cards in another 2-4 person player board game – student has to answer a card before taking turn in the game.
5. Copy for Interactive Notebooks
6. “Solve the Room” activity – similar to a Write the Room activity. Place task cards around the room. Students have to find the cards and solve them.
7. Have students create word problems to match the problem on the task card. Great higher level thinking activity!
Make sure that you are following “The Owl Spot” for updates on more new items, information about upcoming sales, and other great classroom resources. Products are marked 50% off during the first 2 days they are uploaded to my store. Being a follower gives you notice of my new products.
Please remember that your purchase of these task cards gives you a one-teacher user license. You do not own the product. Please do not share (hard copy or digital) with others. You can direct them to The Owl Spot to purchase their own set, or you can purchase additional licenses to share. If you have any questions, please let me know (theowlspot.gmail.com).
Thanks again! Happy Teaching! - “The Owl Spot”