Division is Sharing Equally - an Interactive Lesson on the SMARTboard
• The students will use manipulatives to solve division word problems.
• The students will identify the relationship between multiplication and division.
This SMARTboard lesson is divided into 3 sections:
• Teacher Input: This section introduces the concept of division as it relates to multiplication, addition and subtraction.
• Guided Practice: This section is scaffolded to remove some support prior to independent practice. It begins with 3 problems for students to move pictures on the SMARTboard to show division situations. Then there are 2 more problems for students to solve but they have to count out the number of objects they need.
• Independent Practice: There is an attached PDF file for student practice. Slides of each problem are also included so you can have students check their papers together.
Please look at the preview to see individual slides. Interactive components may not be visible in the preview.
This resource can be used with Common Core Standards 3.OA.A.2, 3.OA.A.4 and 3.OA.B6 as well as various state standards. Daisy Fryer at Not Your Mother’s Math Class is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.
for more SMARTboard products.