DIVISION OF FRACTIONS "WITH A TWIST"!
The "twist" here is that all these division examples are written out IN WORDS, not numbers, just to make your students "think" a little more.
They must first READ the fractions correctly, then WRITE them correctly and then SOLVE them correctly (hopefully!). See the thumbnail or download preview for a clearer idea.
14 examples will challenge their ability to divide fractions to lowest terms. PLUS, there's a GEOMETRY BONUS question on the side your students are asked to solve.
Your download of 2 pages includes answers of course. By David Filipek
ALSO AVAILABLE FOR YOU - CLICK ANY LINK YOU WANT:
- MULTIPLICATION OF FRACTIONS TWIST!
- All of these multiplication of fraction examples are written out IN WORDS to make your students “think” a little more. 16 examples in all will reinforce their ability to multiply fractions while reading them correctly in the first place.
- FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS MULTIPLICATION AND DIVISION
- NO FLUFF, just 25 word problems all on multiplication and division of fractions. Students must decide the operation for each problem and solve to LOWEST TERMS. NOT for the beginner.
- FACTORS OR NOT
Two full worksheets. Each box on these worksheets has 12 numbers INSIDE them and one number OUTSIDE the box. Your students must circle all the numbers inside the box that are factors of the numbers outside the box. Let’s see if they know their factors!
- EQUIVALENT FRACTIONS FOR THINKERS!
CHALLENGE your students with these 5 worksheets on equivalent fractions! They will have some fun shading, circling, etc. the exact amount of objects, but they’ll have to THINK! NOT for the beginner. 5 full pages all on equivalent fractions! Different yet effective!
* * * GREAT TEACHING TO YOU!