This resource is designed to help students practice division in a real-world context, moving from concrete to abstract representation. Students will cut and move pizza slices to solve problems, use a math table and circle drawings to solve similar problems, and finally write and model their own division problems. Keep reading for more details!
Included in this resource:
- Teacher Notes with information about each activity
- "Hands-on Pizza Sharing" activity to practice division
- "Sharing Pizza" word problems
- "My Pizza Problem" Students create and model their own division problem
- Answer keys (or example) included for all three activities
I hope you enjoy this resource! I appreciate your feedback!