This packet contains information for your students' math notebooks which align to the 5th grade math curriculum, Math Expressions: Common Core.
If you are struggling with students remembering processes and skills taught throughout the unit, and need reference pages for students or parents, this unit is for you! This packet contains models, definitions, examples, instructions, and a SCOOT game for Unit 5: Division with Whole Numbers & Decimals. These pages were formatted to fit into a regular spiral notebook.
* Lesson 5.1: Division vocabulary, digit-by-digit division & expanded notation division
* Lesson 5.2: Step-by-step strategy for solving 2-digit division
* Lesson 5.3: Adjusting the quotient
* Lesson 5.4: 5 ways to interpret the remainder
* Lesson 5.6 & 5.7: Decimal division strategies
* Lesson 5.8: Decimal shifts when dividing by powers of 10
* Lesson 5.9: SCOOT game for division practice
Samples of completed pages are included.
*See also my activities:
- Long Division Using Models (Manipulatives)
- Using Models to Divide with Decimals
For a comprehensive workbook for the entire year, see my listing for: Math Expressions CC: Grade 5 Yearlong Student Math Notebook.