Also included in
- Article of the Week Non-Fiction Articles Holidays PDF and Digital Formats: This resource contains 12 non-fiction articles and post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning. Distance Learning Ready: This resource contains ind$34.99$41.00Save $6.01
- Article of the Week Full Year Mega Bundle | PDF and Digital: This resource contains 42 high-interest non-fiction articles and 41 non-fiction aligned graphic organizers. Each article contains 3 post-reading activities to assist with reading comprehension and standardized test prep. This resource cont$115.00$141.00Save $26.00
Diwali Non-Fiction Article | PDF and Digital Formats: Students will learn about the celebration of Diwali in this non-fiction article. This resource contains 1 non-fiction article and 3 reading activities to assist with reading comprehension, standardized test prep (EQAO) and cross-curricular learning.
- This resource contains Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 schools as well as individual PDFs of student pages.
- Teacher lesson plan
- Pre-reading K-W-L chart
- 1 Non-fiction article (regular and modified versions)
- An audio file (mp3) of each article (regular and modified versions)
- 3 Post-reading activities: comprehension questions, grammar questions (2 options: paper and self-grading Google Forms), long answer writing response
- Individual PDFs of student pages to assist with online learning i.e. Google Classroom
- Google Slides formatted lessons for 1:1 school
- “My students learned so much with this resource.”
- “Students were very engaged in learning about Diwali, highly recommended!”
- “I used this resource with my 7th-grade students while teaching a virtual lesson about Diwali. The article was perfect for my class. The "Thinking Questions" were exactly what I wanted my class to consider as we discussed this holiday.”
Other Non-Fiction Articles