This reading passage introduces kids to the holiday of Diwali and includes fun facts and extension activities.
Please consider clicking on the green star by my photograph in the upper right hand corner to become a follower. Thank you.
Other Resources You May Find of Interest:
1. Want to introduce your students to different countries of the world? My Country in Focus series, highlights a country with a web quest, some fun facts and some extension activities. The second in the series is India.India is a country in Asia. After China, it has the world's largest population. Did you know that it was ancient India which gave the world the idea of the zero? Did you know that the game Chutes and Ladders comes from an Indian board game? Did you know that more people speak English in India than in the United States? If you travel to India, make sure to visit it's most famous landmark, the Taj Mahal! Let's Explore India...
It would be a great one day activity for before a vacation or for an enrichment activity.India: Country in Focus, A Webquest
2. Taj Mahal:Explore World Landmarks are great to introduce kids to some popular world landmarks around the world. .With writing in the content area, the short activities can also be used in Language Arts classes, too! About one page of reading, discussion questions and extension activities.World Landmark Reading Passage/Extension Activities-Taj Mahal
2. Chess, yoga,the game Parcheesi and the place value -zero are just some of the gifts we have from India.Want to introduce your students to the country of India? This resources will be most helpful.Basic notes,mapskill activity, lots of extension activities and links to get your students engaged in learning about the country of India. Let's Explore India Unit
3. Want a fun activity to review vocabulary terms on India?Looking for an enrichment activity in history?Try my India Puzzler:Secret Message Review Activity.Students review vocabulary terms on India and then do a following direction activity. Letters from the different terms in spells out a secret message!Key/additional info/Voc box are provided. India Puzzler, Secret Message Activity
4. You may be interested in this Reader's Theater Script on Siddhartha Gautama:
This Reader's Theater Script give students lots of information on Siddhartha Gautama, or Buddha.Great for reading for purpose and for developing reading fluency. The play includes a Did You Know section of fun facts, comprehension questions and a teacher's page with extension activities(including writing in the content area)and additional links. Siddhartha Gautama, The Buddha: A Reader's Theater Script
1. BOOK Fun Facts(great for National Library Day, 4/15 and Library of Congress Day, 4/24: Book Fun Facts
2.Earth Day Freebie: Earth Day Freebie
3. Women' s History Month Freebie: Women's History Month Freebie
4. Black History Month Freebie: Black History Month Freebie
5. Pumpkin Facts: Pumpkin Fun Facts
6. Amazing Mummy Facts: Amazing Mummy Facts
7. Amazing Chinese New Year Factoids: Chinese New Year Factoids
8. King Tut Day Freebie: King Tut Day Freebie
9.Amazing Presidential Fun Facts: Presidential Factoids
10. April Fools’ Day Freebie: April Fools’ Day Freebie
Perhaps, you might like to follow my TpT Store. Click by the green star by my photograph.