Also included in
- Grab this September Back-to-School Read-Aloud bundle for a HUGE discount! This month-long digital or printable read-aloud lesson plan pack includes rigorous text dependent questions, differentiated graphic organizers, response-to-text writing activities, a craftivity, and detailed lesson plans for$12.50$24.00Save $11.50
- You can save BIG by purchasing our entire year of printable or digital read-aloud lesson plans (54 TITLES!!) Our titles include rigorous text dependent questions, differentiated graphic organizers, response to text writing activities, and a craftivity. Our detailed lesson plans help you meet litera$108.00$215.50Save $107.50
Perfect for your blended or hybrid learning model! Pre-loaded to Google Slides and Seesaw.
This printable or digital read-aloud lesson plan pack includes rigorous text dependent questions, differentiated graphic organizers, response to text writing activities including a craftivity, and detailed lesson plans to help you meet several core standards while maintaining your tradition of reading aloud for pleasure. You will guide students to use evidence from the text to deepen their understanding of the story and respond in meaningful ways.
These plans will guide you through 3-5 daily interactive reading lessons. Each day students will interact with the book for a different purpose and then complete a corresponding activity.
To teach these lessons you will need:
Do Unto Otters by Laurie Keller
- This lesson plan pack includes:
- Detailed Lesson Plans with full-size Samples
- Text Dependent Questions and Answer Keys
- Otters Behavior Sorting Activity
- How you Want Otters to Treat You Graphic Organizer
- Writing Page
- Otter Craftivity and Instructions
- Graphic organizers pre-loaded to Google Slides and Seesaw
***The digital graphic organizers are the same or similar to the printable options.
***Google slides graphic organizers have text boxes for students to type. Some have movable parts.
***Seesaw has many interactive tools to choose from. Text boxes are not pre-loaded on the graphic organizers because students may want to type or draw, which they can easily do with the provided tools in the program.
This read-aloud is included in our September Interactive Read-Aloud Activities Bundle. For one month of read-alouds that meet the Core Standards, you can purchase the bundle at a 20% discount!
The September Interactive Read-Aloud Activities Bundle includes:
Download our Scope and Sequence to see how we have aligned each of our grade 1-2 read-aloud lessons with the CCSS standards.
If you like this product, then you will LOVE all of our other interactive read-alouds.
To see more of our Read-alouds for First Grade, click here.
To see more of our Read-alouds for Second Grade, click here.
You can also purchase A Year of Interactive Read-Aloud Activities, at a discount!
Do you love reading aloud to your primary students? We do too! It is one of our favorite times of the day. Here's what our buyers say:
"I love this! It goes with the book so well."
"I love this book for the beginning of the year... The detail is amazing; the conversation support and follow up activities are perfect!"
Visit our blog here to find out more about how to teach the Core one read-aloud at a time and to read more about our interactive close reading lesson plans.
We would love to hear from you! Please remember to earn your free TpT credit by leaving feedback when you purchase!
Follow us to get updates on our newest products!
For helpful tips, hints, and classroom strategies check out our blog!