Doctor: Community Helpers Doctor themed preschool homeschool thematic unit. This week is full of doctor-themed cross-curricular activities and matching classroom decor including math, language, vocabulary, social studies / dramatic play stations and art. Also includes a science activity. This is week 22 of our 30 week age four preschool curriculum program. Your child(ren) will begin in depth study of their CVC words by middle vowel sound A, counting to 80, continuing to practice skip counting practice and they will be introduced to subtraction this week, too, through our ordered math sequence this year. You'll also adding more pages to science journal!
Please note: We provide both color and b/w versions of our activities.
This is week 22 of 30 weekly units in our age 4 preschool curriculum program. Check out the complete year here!
90 pages (177 pages including our exclusive circle time, songs and classroom decor BONUSES). Highly engaging, super fun and very organized program to delight both teacher and student alike and lead to a successful week studying what doctors do!
*Looking for a whole year's curriculum with twelve countries, nine earth environments and nine community helpers? Check out the 30-week bundle here! *
Covers all academic areas in a three school time blocks per day and three days/week routine that easily stretches to five days depending on the amount of material you cover each day:
* Weekly Lesson plan
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills focusing this week on ending sound R and CVC A vowel words
* Printable moveable alphabet
* Matching CVC word picture to alphabet
* Matching CVC word picture to word card
* Sight Word Scamble for words "the" and "a"
* Doctor phrases, CVC phrase building
* 9 Doctor Themed Fact / Vocabulary Cards
* Doctor Themed book list
* Keys to Reading Town 9 week bulletin board pieces
* Wake Up! Warm Up! Daily quick drills on counting 1-80, skip counting, subtraction
* Band Aid Count
* Math Counting Visual Aid
* Medical Tool Subtraction
ART & SCIENCE
* My First Science Notebook cover and Table of Contents page inserts
* When Will My Radishes Grow Science Experiment and recording log / journal entry
* Stethoscope Craft
* Toss, Walk and Skip Count
* Number Line Hop
* Doctor Action Cards
CIRCLE TIME BOARD PIECES
* How's the Weather
* Days of the Week
* Five Little Monkeys Poster
* BONUS 11 Additional Song and Rhyme Posters
BONUS CLASSROOM DECOR
* What Does a Doctor Do? & Keys to Reading Town Bulletin Board Header and matching vocab picture cards
* Weekly Center Bin Labels
* Storage Bin Labels
* Bonus Song and Rhyme Posters
Instructions, overviews and more.
This unit is part of a 30 weeks of units in the Home CEO Age 4 Preschool Homeschool Curriculum. Click here to buy the bundle and save!
Want some freebies for your classroom? Sign up for our newsletter here and receive two free preschool units plus our popular letter crafts!
Be sure to follow Home CEO Homeschool Preschool on Facebook for exclusive FREEBIES and product notices (50% off for the first 48 hours)!
ALL PROFITS TO CHARITY
100% of profits from our TPT store are distributed monthly to over 20 outstanding nonprofit humanitarian organizations, so thank you for your purchase! Learn more here.
We use art primarily by Whimsy Clips by Laura Strickland
with secondary sources credited within each document. We also use digital paper from PrettyGraffic and Erin Bradley Designs for my title pages. I use fonts by KG Fonts and Pablo Impallari. (All links included within the document).
Copyright 2016 Home CEO Inc.