This document activity contains pictures, maps, charts and letter excerpts to help students comprehend the magnitude of the Holocaust. The packet is 9 pages long and contains 8 documents. Students answer questions under each document. The questions are designed for the students to not only interpret the documents, but focus on basic document reading skills as well.
1. Map of major concentration camps
2. Nazi propaganda
3. Map showing the age of Jewish communities in Europe
4. Chart showing Nazi camp patches
5. Photograph of the Warsaw Ghetto
6. Photograph of the Birkenau concentration camp
7. Nazi letter excerpt describing the gas chambers at Auschwitz
8. Comparative maps showing Jewish population levels before and after World War II
A key is also included.
The .zip file contains two .pdf documents: the document packet and the key.