- Immerse your students in the study of time! Timepieces, ancient clocks, gears, astronomy, calendars and even racing bicycles and spirographic art. This fully-integrated bundle is a 4-week plan of study that integrates math, science, language arts, history, art, foreign language and even wellbeing ex$108.00$97.20Save $10.80
Middle school students discuss the book A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking in a Math Seminar.
Intrigue your students with a confounding topic: the existence of time! Seminars are one of the vital parts of every Montessori learning. They create an open environment for each learner to share his or her insights, ideas, and opinions while answering challenging questions and listening to a variety of interesting concepts. The most engaging Math Seminar I’ve ever led is one in which we discussed the existence of time itself.
This resource aims to give middle school teachers a step-by-step guide to facilitate a Math seminar. Moreover, it includes useful tips and questions to utilize before and during the activity to have a productive discussion. Through different seminar instructions, materials and recommendations middle school students will analyze a literary work through a mathematical, evaluative and introspective viewpoint.
The resource includes:
Teacher Guide that includes...
- List of Seminar Grace and Courtesy to Introduce to Students
- Procedure and Strategies for Facilitating a Math Seminar
- Seminar Tracking Ovals for Discussion Flow
- 3 Categories of Analysis Questions
Grade Level: 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th and Homeschool
Duration: 1 Day (1 hour)—not including readings
About “The Project Shop” by the Mobile Montessorian
Project Shop projects are designed with middle school students in mind. They offer integrated, exciting topics for students to learn. The Student Guides provide independence so that students can be in charge of their learning while you are freed to manage your classroom, observe your student’s progress and interaction, provide intervention and even offer more challenges.
The Teacher Guides help you know how long a project should last, what might be necessary to prepare and gives you lesson suggestion on each topic. Everything is designed with four tenets in mind:
· Independence—greater self-efficacy through independently-driven tasks
· Meaningful Work—greater engagement through adult-like work
· Hands-on Experiences—greater understanding through integration of the hand and mind
· Wellbeing—reflection and care opportunities for the self, others, and the environment
Want to see more products? Ask questions? Be notified when new stuff comes out? Make sure to subscribe at the top and like this page!