We're Hal and Steve, a pair of curriculum designers and academy owners in South Korea. We focus on practical and fun Adult Conversation lessons, flashcard games, CEFR leveled resources, and EFL/ESL children games.
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
This is a continuation of our Verb Tenses Flash Card Packs. This one focuses on the Present Simple. We want children to practice making questions, short answers, and sentences. For example, "Does she wear an orange shirt?" , "No, she doesn't. She doesn't wear an orange shirt."
We've had a ton of fun designing these different sets. We've been teaching English as a Foreign Language for over 20 years combined, and we've always had a rough time finding stylish flashcards. We've also had a hard time finding flashcards that teach the right verb tenses with the right level of vocabulary.
We've found this to be the perfect fix. Hope you enjoy! Let us know what you think by leaving a comment or emailing us at Steve@halandsteveenglish.com
HOW TO PLAY
1. Place the deck of cards face down on the table.
2. One student picks up a card and hides it behind their hands.
3. In a clockwise rotation, the students ask each other questions based on the structure "Does she...?" (ex: Does she live in America, Does she like pizza, etc). The student holding the card should make a short answer and sentence (ex: No, she doesn't. She doesn't live in America.)
4. After each student has asked a question, then they have an opportunity to guess the right answer.
5. If no one can guess the right answer, then the player holding the card reads out one hint.
6. The cycle continues... students ask questions using this grammar.
7. If the cycle goes 3 times without a correct answer, then the student holding the cards receives a point.