This SMART NOTEBOOK BUNDLE includes 4 Kodaly based dog themed songs. These lessons are sold separately in my TpT store, however, purchasing them as a BUNDLE will save you $2. Songs/Files in this BUNDLE include:
1. Rover (Introducing "La" and Melodic Pattern "S-L-S-M") - Kodaly Based-SM NTBK (11 pages) -
This adorable SMART NOTEBOOK lesson introduces young elementary music students to the Kodaly concept of Solfege tone "la." Activities in this file include a paw print icon heartbeat tapping chart, a rhythm dictation icon tapping exercise, a melodic notation tapping activity which visually reveals the relationship of "la" to "sol" and "mi" before transferring it to the staff, another visual in which "la" is revealed using the idea of "la" in his house on Melody Street, activities where students will read "la" in real melodic notation on the staff, and a labeling/identifying "mi, sol, and la" in several places on the staff activity at the end of the lesson to wrap up the entire file. A cute movement game goes along with the song and directions for that game are included. Colorful and cute graphics only enhance this fun and engaging lesson that your students will beg for!!
2. Doggie, Doggie: Practicing Ta, Ti-Ti, & M-S-L (Kodaly Based) SM NTBK (10 pages) -
This cute and colorful SMART NOTEBOOK lesson is a great way to review and practice Kodaly concepts "ta," "ti-ti," and melodic Solfege tones "mi-sol-la" with your young elementary music students. Activities in this file included the following:
1. A bone icon heartbeat tapping chart.
2. A rhythm notation tapping chart in which bones are used as the the rhythm icon.
3. An interactive rhythm dictation activity in which students will be required to use real rhythm notation icons to dictate the rhythm to the song on top of bone icon heartbeats.
4. Melodically and Rhythmically reading the song with bones placed in position to mimic the melody of the song.
5. Reading the song from the 5 line/4 space staff.
6. An interactive activity to identify/label Solfege tones "mi" & "sol" & "la" in the song on the staff.
3. B-I-N-G-O: A Song About Man's Best Friend (Kodaly Based) - SM NTBK Edition (13 pages) -
This timeless classic, ever popular childhood nursery rhyme song will be sure to get your elementary music students singing, clapping, and engaged in your lesson from the moment they see the colorful graphics and hear the famous melody that they all know and love. This particular file is in SMART NOTEBOOK format. Activities/Features in this lesson include song lyrics in which each letter in BINGO's name are omitted one by one consecutively as the song is repeatedly sung over and over, a puppy dog heartbeat tapping chart, and a melodic & rhythm notation reading activity in which the rhythm notation appears first as puppy dog bowl icons on the staff and then they eventually switch into real rhythm notation icons. This file is very basic and simple so that the teacher can use their own flair and creativity to embellish ideas and activities into it. Adding instruments to the omitted letters is just one fun way to spice up this song!! The students will love you forever if you do this! Mine did!! Enjoy!
4. Bow,Wow,Wow: Practice Ta Rest-Prep./Present New Note "Do" (Kodaly) - SM NTBK Ed. (13 pages) -
This fun & colorful SMART NOTEBOOK lesson is appropriate for your young elementary music students in grades Kindergarten through 2nd grade. Students will practice their skills and knowledge of known rhythm "ta rest" (quarter rest) as well as prepare to learn the new concept of Solfege tone "Do." Activities in this file include:
1. A song lyrics page.
2. A cute heartbeat tapping chart with dog icons as the heartbeat.
3. A rhythm icon/notation tapping chart with large and small dogs used to represent the ta's and ti-ti's.
4. A rhythm dictation page in which the infinitely cloned rhythm icons are dog bones.
5. A 2nd rhythm dictation page in which the infinitely cloned rhythm icons are real rhythm notation symbols.
6. A combined melodic & rhythmic icon notation reading/tapping page in which the new mystery Solfege tone(s) "do" and "re" are covered up and kept secret.
7. A melodic reading activity in which dog icons are positioned melodically & rhythmically on the staff to match the notation of the song. The mystery Solfege tone's are still kept secret but an interactive feature allows their position on the staff to be revealed.
8. A page dedicated to the introduction of new Solfege tone "do." "Re" is kept secret throughout this entire lesson.
9. Another song reading activity with real melodic notation on the staff.
10. And finally, an interactive labeling/identifying activity to test the students' understanding of the relationships between Solfege tones d-m-s-l using infinitely cloned note head icons.
This one will definitely be a favorite in your repertoire!! Your students will ask for it over and over!!
Come follow and/or subscribe to my blog at.... Mrs. Kuchta's Corner, An Elementary Music Wonderland!
Check out and “like” my FACEBOOK page too at… FACEBOOK PAGE - Mrs. Kuchta's Corner Elementary Music Wonderland
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License