8 activities in one! This BOOM CARDS™ deck includes 7 LANGUAGE ACTIVITIES and 1 ARTICULATION ACTIVITY, all with the theme of DOGS! Target language goals centered around a theme to grow your students' understanding of concepts and vocabulary.
The following cards/activities are included:
- Card 1: Clickable menu card
- Cards 2-11 RECEPTIVE VOCAB: Click the named object or action from a field of pictures.
- Cards 12-21 STORY SEQUENCING: Listen to a short story, then sequence 4 pictures from the story. There are 5 stories included.
- Cards 22-31 LISTEN FOR DETAILS: Listen to descriptors about a dog and click on the described dog from a field of 5 choices.
- Cards 32-41 VERBS: Complete 2 sentences (one present tense and a one past tense) about a photograph.
- Cards 42-51 WH- QUESTIONS: Answer what, where, who, why, when questions from a field of 3 picture choices.
- Cards INFERENCES & PREDICTIONS: Answer an inferencing/predicting question about a photo.
- Cards 62-71 COMPARE & CONTRAST: Fill in text boxes with ways that 2 dog breeds are alike and different.
- Cards ARTICULATION: Select your target articulation sound, then practice 6 words on the card while moving check marks for each production.
As you can see, this deck has something for everyone! This resource is perfect for National Dog Day (which is August 26th in the US) or for any student that loves dogs!
Please watch the PREVIEW VIDEO and CLICK HERE FOR A PLAYABLE PREVIEW!
For more themed Boom Card decks, check out:
About Boom Cards:
To use Boom Cards, you must be connected to the Internet. Boom Cards play on modern browsers (Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge). Apps are available for Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. For security and privacy, adults must have a Boom Learning account to use and assign Boom Cards. You will be able to assign the Boom Cards you are buying with "Fast Pins," (play provides instant feedback for self-grading Boom Cards). Fast Play is always a free way for students to engage with Boom Cards decks. For additional assignment options you'll need a premium account. If you are new to Boom Learning, you will be offered a free trial of our premium account. Read here for details: http://bit.ly/BoomTrial.
If you choose not to stay on a premium account after your free trial, you will still be able to assign all your Boom Cards to as many students as you see fit using Fast Play pins (which give instant feedback for decks that are self-grading).
Boom Learning and Boom Cards are the trademarks of Boom Learning Inc. Used with permission.