Dog of the Sea Waves Language Arts SUPER BUNDLE
The super bundle has all the same content as the bundle, but also includes the Sea Quotes bundle of three inspirational quotes with writing prompts. The Sea quotes are $2 each, or purchased with the bundle, $3 for all three.
This story of friendship has interesting facts about Hawaii woven throughout. It can be found at amazon.com,
in Journeys Grade 3, Unit 5, Lesson 24.
Writing about Dog of the Sea Waves
• F.A.S.T. analysis – Manu
• Compare contrast life in Hawaii
• Author’s Purpose Graphic Organizer
• Character change over time
• Compare and contrast – Manu and Brothers
• Persuasive prompt – Author’s purpose
• Two essays from Harcourt with and without supports
Vocabulary Foldables Included
1. All 10 words on one page
2. 5 words on a page (2 pages)
3. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
4. Blank version
Multiple choice quiz from vocabulary suggested by Harcourt Journeys
Journey’s Vocabulary included for foldables and word wall:
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with and without glossary page number required
2. Short Answer – These pages expand on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor. One version with and one without sentence stem prompts.
Sea Quotes – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
The sea has often spoken mankind, beckoning. These quotes help students connect writing, social studies and figurative language in one activity.
• One does not discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time.
• On life's vast ocean diversely we sail. Reasons the card, but passion the gale.
• No man is an island.
John Donne English poet in 1624 work
Each prompt includes:
1. Grayscale poster
2. Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
3. Prewrite graphic organizer
4. Organizer with sentence level cues
5. Large prompt with paragraph cues
6. Quote with writing space
7. Quote with illustration space
8. Extra writing paper
Dog of the Sea Waves Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
6/28/17 Added multiple choice test on single page with page proof required. Fixed minor typos (be/by etc.); fixed lines that fell off page when saved as pdf; added Daily 5; added full color vocabulary cards
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Dog of the Sea Waves BUNDLE
• Dog of the Sea Waves Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Dog of the Sea Waves Quizzes
• Dog of the Sea Waves Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Dog of the Sea Waves Writing
• Dog of the Sea Waves SUPER BUNDLE
which includes all of the bundle plus the Sea Quote Bundle:
Inspirational Sea Quotes Bundle
• Sea Quotes No Man Is an Island
• Sea Quotes Lose Sight of Shore
• Sea Quotes Diversely We Sail
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ (Tessa McGuire)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
http://openclipart.org/; http://frompond.blogspot.com/; http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.