What this package includes:
A complete behavior management system for your classroom. This behavior system is based on students adopting a dog from a shelter. Once they do so, they need to earn "Doggy Dollars" for good behavior to take care of their pet(s) and buy accessories.
Full-color pages show the available dogs to gain interest in the activity.
The pet store catalog has doggy accessories so students can see what their behavior incentives will buy. Each accessory has a price tag that you customize by adding the prices to match your behavior objectives and local environment.
Writing and reflecting opportunities are also available with prompts for each accessory and dog. The files are provided in PowerPoint format. In addition, Google slides are available for interactive activities. For even more flexibility with Classroom, I have added the Accessories/Activities as individual Google Docs. You can use these as part of the behavior system, as writing exercises, or as a "dog book" each student builds for a parent take-away... built week by week. So... now you've improved behavior AND produced a deliverable for parents!!! The writing prompts are also editable so you can add your own ideas. Google Slides are prettier, but the Google Docs enable you to build activities with very little prep.
It’s your choice whether students need to earn dollars to adopt the dog selected or whether you give them a head start on the behavior system by giving them the dog. You might also develop some adoption criteria with student input.
Text is editable; graphics are not editable.
You might also be interested in:
DogTales Welcome Back!
DogTales Thank You Notes
DogTales Student Communicators
DogTales Student Rewards
DogTales Student Identifiers
DogTales Behavior Incentive System
DogTales Class Procedures
DogTales Family Communicators
**(The link for the shared Google drive is provided in the TOU that you will download with this product.)**
* Use my resources for your own class.
* Customize as necessary.
* Take all the credit for a way-cool classroom.
* Use as many times as you wish for different classes and/or different situations.
* Share these materials with other teachers. (Please buy an additional license. There is a discount for multiple licenses!)
* Repackage or reformat my materials to offer for free or for resale.
* Repurpose graphics or other materials for use outside the educational environment.
* Post my materials on any blog, website, or school Intranet; they are for educational use only.
Copying any part of this product and/or placing it on the Internet in any form is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).