Dogzilla Language Arts BUNDLE
This delightful story follows the harrowing events of Dogzilla, as she behaves dogishly in Mousopolis. The author’s clever and witty word play makes this story a children’s favorite. It can be found at Target.com,
in Journeys Grade 3, Unit 4, Lesson 19 and other text books.
Writing about Dogzilla
• Compare contrast Big Cheese and Dogzilla
• Compare and contrast Kat Kong (by Dav Pilkey) vs. Dogzilla
• Cause and Effect
• Somebody Wanted But So Then organizer
• FAST character for Big Cheese
• Two essays from Harcourt
• Author’s Craft – word play examples
• Extension – New cause/effect
Vocabulary Foldables Included
1. All 10 words on one page
2. 5 words on a page (2 pages)
3. Vocabulary questions for optional 2-sided foldable
4. Blank version
Journey’s Vocabulary included:
Extended word wall:
1. Matching vocabulary quiz – with and without glossary page number required
2. Short Answer - This page expands on the multiple choice comprehension test provided by Journeys. The addition of text evidence and open questions increases rigor.
Dog and Mouse – Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
• Mark Twain Determination quote, “It’s not size of the dog in the fight. It’s the size of the fight in the dog.”
• Plautus: A mouse does not rely on just one hole.
Each prompt includes:
1. Grayscale poster
2. Elementary Poster
3. Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
4. Prewrite graphic organizer
5. Organizer with sentence level cues
6. Quote with writing space
Dogzilla Roll Read and Graph set comes with the following:
• 2 premade versions of the dice (vocabulary or definitions)
• Blank die for your own variations
• 3 full-page size graphs (vocabulary, definition or blank) Hint: Print two to a page to save paper.
• Class suggestions and differentiation for special needs
• Over 20 higher order thinking questions with Common Core Math Procedural standards
• Directions and sample graph
• Answer key (for student or teacher reference)
1/30/16 - I fixed the directions on Summarizing/Sequencing. I added an extra version of open ended questions with larger font.
12/12/17 Updated with the multiple choice test added as a single page document with PAGE PROOF required. Cleaned up some formatting lines in pdf. Added summary organizer "somebody wanted but so then." Added B/W version of Disney quote.
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Please visit my store for these supporting documents –
Dogzilla By Dav Pilkey BUNDLE
• Dogzilla Vocabulary Foldables, Matching Quizzes, and Word Wall
• Dogzilla Quizzes
• Dogzilla Roll Read Graph Word Work
• Dogzilla Writing
• Dog and Mouse Inspirational QUOTES
Many thanks to these creative talents:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Mad-Clips-Factory http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Teaching-Super-Power (Houndstooth paper)
http://www.talesfromoutsidetheclassroom.com/ (Tessa McGuire)
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden (creative clips)
http://www.raggedyscrappin.com/ (Cheryl Seslar)
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.