Games, Centers, Seatwork (or Substitute, Homework, Morning, or Summer Work,) Assessments, Parental Involvement Forms, Word Wall Words, Play Doh Activity Mats, and more for the First Grade Level learner are all included in this Big Activity Packet of over 400 pages! SEE THE PREVIEW for a look at ALL that is inside of this MEGA Yearlong Activity Set!
This zip file contains 5 separate folders to best help you organize your planning.
File 1: Art, Centers, and Games:
1) A set of 25 bingo cards, IN BOTH color and black and white for easier printing, featuring all Dolch First Grade words. No two cards are alike!
2) 7 pages of calling cards that can be used in multiple ways:
A) Print out, laminate, and cut one set to be used for a student (or yourself) in calling out the words for the class to play “Sight Words Bingo.”
B) Print out, laminate, and cut multiple sets for students to use in pairings as flashcards for daily or weekly reinforcement of all words.
C) Print out, laminate, and cut one set per student. Bind them together in the top corner with a ring for individual flashcards!
3) 40 play dough or wiki sticks practice pages in both color and in B&W for those that need to ease up on their color printing! Each features one word. Laminate each to be used for a fun, hands-on center using wiki sticks, play doh, or dry erase markers. Or all!
4) Center Games! Printouts of all words to use as playing cards, plus 13 hands-on centers which are low-prep and fun for students on all levels to complete and centers signs!
5) Magazine Cuttings! 20 pages of sight words that require tracing and cutting practice. Students will sort through various magazines (provided by you) to find the letters needed to recreate each word. They will cut them out and glue them onto their sheets to spell their words.
6) Sorting our Sight Words! 14 pages (7 exercises total) of tracing, cutting, gluing, and matching each word to its correct category.
7) Word Art 40 pages of words that have students using paint brushes, Finger Paints, and torn up tissues to decorate each word with.
File 2: Assessments and Parental Support:
1) Three checklists. These can be used at the beginning, middle, and end of each year to mark students growth in recognizing all of their sight words. *If you have used the calling cards to create individual flashcard rings, these would be great to use here as the students can read from their cards while you mark off each word said!
2) Conference Helpers. Various and quick letters are included to send home to parents to ask for support, or to show praise for students that have mastered their words. Included is a list of all of the words to send home as needed.
3) One end of the year certificate, in two versions, to show mastery of all words learned.
File 3: Seatwork:
1) Tracing, Reading, and Drawing 8 worksheets that have students trace given sight words, place each into a short story where it best fits, and then draw a picture that retells the story.
2) Practicing our Words 1: 8 Worksheets that have students trace each sight word, then use their creativity at completing short stories that contain each word)
3) Practicing Our Words 2: 40 Worksheets where students are asked to trace, write, color, circle, read, and trace each word within a sentence.
4) Creative Writing-Sentence Making: 20 worksheets each with 2 sight words that have students writing original sentences for each.
5) Creative Writing-Paragraph Making: 9 worksheets each with 5 sight words that has students writing and illustrating original paragraphs.
6) Mystery Words-5 worksheets each with 8 scrambled sight words for students to decode!
File 5: Word Walls:
Decorated pages for your class Word Wall, plus an additional page with 4 fun game ideas using your Word Wall Words! These come in three formats-one is green, one is with a "no-fill" background for you to print onto any paper of your choosing, and the third is included in a white background with white outlined words. Pass these out and allow for students to decorate your class Word Wall for the year (instructions are found within).
Need another Level? Nouns?
Pre-Primer Dolch Activities
Primer Dolch Activities
Second Grade Dolch Activities
Third Grade Dolch Activities
Dolch Noun Activities