Mad Libs for Centers and for Seatwork (15 in each section), Sentence and Story Starter Cards, Differentiated Seatwork (or Substitute, Homework, Morning, or Summer Work), Assessments, Parental Involvement Forms, Word Wall Words, Play Doh Activity Mats, BINGO, and more for the Dolch Nouns Sight Words are all included in this Big Activity Packet of over 600 pages! SEE THE PREVIEW for a look at ALL that is inside of this MEGA Yearlong Activity Set!
This zip file contains 5 separate folders to best help you organize your planning.
File 1: Assessments and Parental Support:
1) Three checklists. These can be used at the beginning, middle, and end of each year to mark students growth in recognizing all of their sight words.
2) Conference Helpers. Various and quick letters are included to send home to parents to ask for support, or to show praise for students that have mastered their words. Included is a list of all of the words to send home as needed.
3) One end of the year certificate to show mastery of all words learned. Print one per student on card-stock.
File 2: Games, Mad Libs Centers, and Story Starters:
1) 95 play dough or wiki sticks practice pages, in both color and in B&W for printing preferences, each featuring one word. Laminate each to be used for a fun, hands-on center!
2) A set of 25 bingo cards, IN BOTH color and black and white for easier printing, featuring all Dolch Nouns words.
2) 16 pages of calling cards that can be used in multiple ways:
A) Print out, laminate, and cut one set to be used for a student (or yourself) in calling out the words for the class to play “Sight Words Bingo.”
B) Print out, laminate, and cut two sets of these cards to be used as a matching game for a quick center activity.
C) Print out, laminate, and cut to use in a center for students to work together in arranging all words in ABC order
D) Print out, laminate, and cut multiple sets for students to use in pairings as flashcards for daily or weekly reinforcement of all words.
E) Print out, laminate, and cut one set per student. Bind them together in the top corner with a ring for individual flashcards!
3) Mad Libs for Centers: 15 pages in color format AND in B&W format for printing preferences, which are great to laminate and use with dry erase markers in a center for endless partner fun! There is also a one page sheet with all of the Dolch Nouns to print on cardstock, laminate, and place at the center for a reference as students choose nouns for their stories.
4) Sentence and Story Starters! All words are color coded and ready to be placed into holding containers. Students will select one from each container, glue them onto their given worksheets, and will then create either a short story or a sentence based on their chosen words! Print these out as often as needed to keep containers filled with words. I have also included a freebie within this PDF-it is a sample of a center that be found (and used with your nouns cards!) within my grade level Dolch Activity Packs!
File 3: Seatwork:
1) Creative Writing Pages. These are for you to use at your discretion. You can pick the topic (write it on the board before passing out the sheets so that students are ready when the papers hit their desks) as it pertains to your units of study, or you can allow for them to write freely, or both depending on how many times you use this section! Included are two black and white writing pages to be printed out as many times as needed for your students to write on. Another is a brainstorming page to help get them started.
A “Words Used Total” bar is at the bottom of their writing sheet.
2) Mad Libs! 15 Mad Lib black and white worksheets, which include a space for drawings that retell the student’s silly tales!
3) Practicing our Words! 2 Levels:
Easy Format: (17 worksheets, each featuring 5-6 of the Nouns. Students will trace and then practice writing each word multiple times)
Advanced format: (17 worksheets, each featuring 5-6 of the Nouns. Students will trace, rewrite, and then either place each word into a sentence, or create original paragraphs using each given noun).
Plus 95 pages of assorted activities including: tracing, coloring, answering questions based on, and creating sentences using each word.
File 4: Teachers Instructions
File 5: Word Wall Words:
Decorated pages for your class Word Wall, featuring all Nouns, plus an additional page with 4 fun game ideas using your Word Wall Words! These come in three formats-one is purple, one is with a "no-fill" background for you to print onto any paper of your choosing, and the third is included in a white background with white outlined words. Pass these out and allow for students to decorate your class Word Wall for the year (instructions are found within).
Need an accompanying Grade Level?
Pre-Primer Dolch Activities
Primer Dolch Activities
First Grade Dolch Activities
Second Grade Dolch Activities
Third Grade Dolch Activities