This is a fun literacy activity with a touch of math added in for your little ones.
“Color It, Count It, Graph It!” includes two pages for each of the following sets of Primer Dolch words:
· Set 1- all, am, are, at, ate
· Set 2- be, black, brown, but, came
· Set 3- did, do, eat, four, get
· Set 4- good, have, he, into, like
· Set 5- must, new, no, now, on
· Set 6- our, out, please, pretty, ran
· Set 7- ride, saw, say, she, so
· Set 8- soon, that, there, they, this
· Set 9- too, under, want, was, well
· Set 10- went, what, white, who, will
· Set 11- with, yes, please, like, want (includes review words)
The first page of each lesson invites the children to find and color the Dolch words using a color code. The children are then asked to count the number of times they colored each word and write it in the box provided. The second page asks the children to graph the number of times they found each word by coloring the fish in the correct column and to name the word or words that appeared the most and the least.
This makes a great literacy center! Children are actively engaged in a useful activity, allowing the teacher quality time to work with groups of students during guided reading. It may also be used during partner work, as independent practice, morning work, and more!
Thanks for looking!
Learning With A Smile