Games, Centers, Seatwork (or Substitute, Homework, Morning, or Summer Work,) Assessments, Parental Involvement Forms, Word Wall Words, Play Doh Activity Mats, and more for the Second Grade Level learner are all included in this MEGA Yearlong Activity Pack of over 420 pages! See the preview for a look at all that is inside of this MEGA Yearlong Activity Set!
This zip file contains 5 separate folders to best help you organize your planning.
File 1: Art, Centers, and Games:
1) A set of 25 bingo cards, IN BOTH color and black and white for easier printing, featuring all Dolch Second Grade words.
2) 8 pages of calling cards that can be used in multiple ways:
A) Print out, laminate, and cut one set to be used for a student (or yourself) in calling out the words for the class to play “Sight Words Bingo.”
B) Print out, laminate, and cut multiple sets for students to use in pairings as flashcards for daily or weekly reinforcement of all words.
C) Print out, laminate, and cut one set per student. Bind them together in the top corner with a ring for individual flashcards!
3) 46 play dough or wiki sticks practice pages in both color and in B&W for those that need to ease up on their color printing! Each features one word. Laminate each to be used for a fun, hands-on center using wiki sticks, play doh, or dry erase markers. Or all!
4) Center Games! Printouts of all words to use as playing cards, plus 14 hands-on centers which are low-prep and fun for students on all levels to complete!
5) Magazine Cuttings! 20 pages of sight words that require tracing and cutting practice. Students will sort through various magazines (provided by you) to find the letters needed to recreate each word. They will cut them out and glue them onto their sheets to spell their words.
6) Word Art 46 pages of words that have students using paint brushes, Finger Paints, torn up tissues to decorate each word with, and markers.
File 2: Assessments and Parental Support:
1) Three checklists. These can be used at the beginning, middle, and end of each year to mark students growth in recognizing all of their sight words.
2) Conference Helpers. Various and quick letters are included to send home to parents to ask for support, or to show praise for students that have mastered their words. Included is a list of all of the words to send home as needed.
3) One end of the year certificate to show mastery of all words learned.
File 3: Seatwork:
1) Tracing, Reading, Word Fill-Ins, and Drawing 9 worksheets that have students trace given sight words, place each into a short story where it best fits, and then draw a picture that retells the story.
2) Practicing our Words 1: 9 Worksheets that have students trace each sight word, then use their creativity at completing short paragraphs that contain each word)
3) Practicing Our Words 2: 46 Worksheets where students are asked to trace, write, color, answer questions, and create a sentence using each sight word.
4) Sorting Our Sight Words: 5 worksheets that have students sort each word into one of two categories depending on the skill given.
5) Creative Writing: 9 writing prompts that are either Informative, Narrative, or Opinion Based plus extra writing pages for students who write “extra” AND graphic organizers AND free writing pages ☺
6) Alphabetizing our Words: 5 pages to help your students place their words into ABC Order
7) Mystery Words: 5 pages of mixed up Sight Words for your students to solve!
File 4: Teachers Instructions!
File 5: Word Walls:
Decorated pages for your class Word Wall, plus an additional page with 4 fun game ideas using your Word Wall Words! These come in three formats-one is red, one is with a "no-fill" background for you to print onto any paper of your choosing, and the third is included in a white background with white outlined words. Pass these out and allow for students to decorate your class Word Wall for the year (instructions are found within).
Need another Level? Nouns?
Pre-Primer Dolch Activities
Primer Dolch Activities
First Grade Dolch Activities
Third Grade Dolch Activities
Dolch Noun Activities