[Runs on Windows operating systems only]
This is a fantastic software tool that offers a unique way to assess and progress monitor Dolch sight word mastery. No paper and pencil required! Just click the mouse when your student reads each displayed word. At the end of the assessment, you will have a data sheet that lists the words in order of response time, from slowest to fastest with “missed words,” or words that were not read within the set time limit, at the top of the page. You can then save or print the results, or practice missed words.
Very user friendly!
This version includes:
* Access to ALL Dolch word lists (Pre-primer, Primer, First Grade, Second Grade, Third Grade) plus the 95 Dolch nouns
* Each list can be used as a whole, or you can choose a subset of any list
* Mac and PC versions (no installation required)
* Instructions in PDF format
* Open the application.
* Type in your student’s name.
* Choose the word list you want to assess.
* Choose the expected response time from the drop down menu.
* Students read the words as they appear on the screen one at a time.
* Left-click on the mouse after each word is read to advance to the next word.
* At the end of the assessment, you will have a data sheet that lists the words in order of response time, from slowest to fastest with “missed words,” or words that were not read within the set time limit, at the top of the page.
* Save or print the results, or practice missed words.
Addresses ELA Common Core State Standards 3 and 4 for word recognition and fluency
Word presentation order can be randomized to ensure that each experience with the tool is unique.
Use the instant results to identify words needing additional practice.
Result sheets with listed response times allow you to easily monitor student progress in automaticity.
To get a feel for this software you can download the FREE Fry version which offers full functionality for Fry's First 100 and Fry's 100 Nouns. You can also download the preview file which contains a fully functional preview version along with the instructions PDF.
I hope that you find this product as useful as I have.